Kohka Foundation is a non-profit Organization working towards the upliftment of tribal and weaker section of the community
Though the foundation got registered in September of 2014 it has been working on its mission of Engagement, Empowerment and Enrichment since the last five years. We, at Kohka Foundation are working with the tribal communities in the villages in and around the Pench National Park in Madhya Pradesh. We work towards building awareness for social and environmental causes – mainly Secondary Education, Women’s welfare, Health and Community welfare, Conservation of Environment and Sustainability and Skill Development. Our main focus has been Secondary Education and we have been successful in substantial reduction in school dropouts. We also impart / assist in imparting vocational skills to schoolchildren.
On Going Activities
Anando program is with complete support and aid by Light of Life Trust a reputed Mumbai based NGO.
This is our flagship initiative, which imbibes quality secondary education to ensure minimal dropouts. The Anando Program is already operational with more than 160 students in attendance. With five teachers and two social workers on board we look to get more participation in coming days. Anando program helps Tribal & underprivileged students are Board Exams ready and tutors Class 8 to Class 10 students in English and Mathematics.
Anando in details
- Secondary School – This is a ongoing activity where we conduct our classes pre and post School hours to make the students ready for their Board Examinations.
- Balak Mela – For all the School Children once a year.
- Palak Mela – For the parents once a year.
- PTA’s – once in three months
- Motivational Lectures & Career Guidance – at least thrice a year
- Base line and Endline assessment before and after each term.
- Impact assessment and analysis once a year
- Enrollment analysis
- Students home visit at least once a month with proper documentation
- Corner Meetings once in three months addressing the parents
- Adolescent Education twice a year conducted by renowned Gynecologist.
- Summer Activities
Tailoring, mobile repair, rug making, spoken English classes etc. These activities are aimed to equip for employability.
- Women’s help group
actively involved in pickle, papad and wadi making, kantha stiching, bag making etc. Its ongoing activity.
- Forest Department Initiative
Organized a 22 Day Spoken English Module for all forest Guides of Pench National Park. This activity happens one a year in the month of August.
- Computer Literacy in Turia School
Computer literacy is a must today and it’s sad to see High School Students with no exposure to Computers. With aim to equip the Students for future Kohka Foundation has opened a LAB with 15 Laptops, printers, overhead projector, battery invertor, WiFi. We have started off offering Basic Computer Course to more than 1000 students covering 5 high schools in Seoni District.
- Medical Camp
Twice annually This camp targets the Ladies and is conducted by leading Doctors from Nagpur